HGSI & %B*BW

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

Buzz Griffin

HGSI & %B*BW

Post by Buzz Griffin »

I thought I posted this but I didn't see it on the forum so here it comes again.

The recent work by Ian on the VIX with %BxBW, most specifically the charts, when might this be available on the Edge?
Chris White

Re: HGSI & %B*BW

Post by Chris White »

I have just had a Skype session with Ian about this and you can expect to see a new template in EdgeRater very soon.
Buzz Griffin

Post by Buzz Griffin »

Glad to hear you are on top of it. Would also be nice to have the order of presentation on the U.S. Markets Template to match up with Ian's..eg...%B 1-Day Chg, %B*BW, %B and last BW. I am not a programmer and have no idea of the degree of difficulty, so forget my suggestion if it is more than a trivial chore.

Someone attached some %B templates which I have downloaded. They are BW for currencies, BW for one stock, BW for ten stocks, etc. I get the impression that they are upgradeable to different stocks eg. instead of displaying IBM, one can display a different stock. Is that something the non-programming users can do?? If so, how? If not, not forget the question.

Thanks,
Buzz
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

The VIX Analysis Template is now in EdgeRater PRO version 5.1.118.0.

Also check out Mike's document in the Knowledge Base section of the forums for info on modifying template.
Buzz Griffin

Post by Buzz Griffin »

I tried to open Mike's file but I keep getting this message:

Unrecognized format for 'C:\Users\Buzz\Desktop\Modifying EdgeRater Templates.zip'

I downloaded the file to my desktop, tried the VLC player and windows media player without success. Any suggestions?
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

It's a zip file, so you need to unzip it first to see the word document contained within.

To unzip, use a program such as WinZip or 7-Zip, or on Windows 7 I think you can just double-click the file to see the contents.