31 Fidelity Free Comm ETFs only show 19

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

Bob Wilson

31 Fidelity Free Comm ETFs only show 19

Post by Bob Wilson »

Hi Chris,

I hope this is some newbie error. But I've updated my list of Fidelity Free Commission ETFs to the entire group of 31.
But when pressing Update List I can see that the data for the 31 are being retrieved. But only 19 are showing up on the Summary Tab. I know about making sure the "Show Blank Rows" is checked. 'cause if I uncheck it the row count drops to zero.
I've verified that there is only one comma per line. Is there something else I should be looking for like an open bracket that would cause a symbol to be skipped?

Fidelity_Free_ETF.txt not attached.

Bob
Chris White

Re: 31 Fidelity Free Comm ETFs only show 19

Post by Chris White »

I think this is due to the time of day of doing the update. The free Yahoo end-of-day data is not fully available until after 7PM PST. Before that time, some of the symbols are available and some are not. However by using the intraday update you can get all data just 15 mins after the market closes. This works because the intraday update is applied on top of the last end-of-day update, which should be good through the prior day's close.

The Intraday update uses 15 min delayed data and so 15 mins after the market closes you will be able to get all the data for all the symbols through to the end of current day.