etf trading bandit, windows registry and registry cleaner

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

jadewinter

etf trading bandit, windows registry and registry cleaner

Post by jadewinter »

I have been using a registry cleaner for 3 years. Successfully. I have many programs on my computer. Trading Bandit is the first I have ever encountered which requires me to reinstall following a registry cleaning operation. I cannot find reference to edgerater or trading bandit in the programs areas of my windows registry. Can someone tell me the names and locations of the Trading Bandit registry files so that I can tell my registry cleaner program to ignore them in future?
Thx
Chris White

Re: etf trading bandit, windows registry and registry cleane

Post by Chris White »

The ETF Trading Bandit is installed using a technology from Microsoft called 'ClickOnce'. Not many applications use this new technology and so you probably haven't run across this issue before.

ETF Trading Bandit itself does not create any registry entries but there are a few that the 'ClickOnce' framework creates.

I'm not sure of the exact entries but did find this post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums ... aa70d2c1fc

Which mentions one entry and indicates that you can find out all of them by running RegDump and RegDiff before and after the install.

If you find out the exact entries or other solution please post back here.

Thanks,
Chris.
jadewinter

Re: etf trading bandit, windows registry and registry cleane

Post by jadewinter »

Tried to dload and run RegDump and RegDiff as you mentioned and for whatever reason RegDump doesnot run on my 32 bit system and RegDiff costs $60 whatever. Suggestion to Chris, next time you speak to your programmers ask them to pass on the info relating to what changes occur in the registry during install and post the answer here when you get a moment. Meanwhile I shall be reinstalling as and when I need to run the registry cleaner. With fond memories of Windows 3.1 when you practically had to be a PhD to install a program! Cor Blimey!

btw, the program is exactly what I was looking for. Fantastic! Thx.