Hindenburg Omen divide by zero error.

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

joel847

Hindenburg Omen divide by zero error.

Post by joel847 »

Hi Chris,

A Hindenburg Omen divide by zero error is caused by the fact that the New York markets were closed on Oct 29 and 30 2012 due to Hurricane Sandy. The advance decline difference is zero for Oct30. The error propagates all the way to the end of the spread sheet. I used SP1500.txt security list. Also had to add SPY to the list because the spreadsheet expects SPY to be in any list it runs on.
Chris White

Re: Hindenburg Omen divide by zero error.

Post by Chris White »

Hi Joel,

I have made an update to that template which you will get in the next update in a couple of weeks. The update addresses the problem of the case where advancers + decliners = 0 which was used as a divisor in the calculation of RANA (Ratio Adjusted Net Advancers). This div by zero error then propagated to every subsequent row.

I'm attaching the updated template in case you want to get it before the official update. Just unzip the file and copy it to your EdgeClub/System directory overwriting the one that is there.
HindenburgOmenReport.zip
The updated Hindenburg Omen report which fixes the divide by zero error when Advancers + Decliners = 0
(21.59 KiB) Downloaded 937 times