Popout spreadsheet not editable

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

joel847

Popout spreadsheet not editable

Post by joel847 »

After using Trade simulation on the tps system I popped out the trade results spreadsheet.
Looking at the trade list I sorted by symbol to see which ETFs were generally winners and which were losers by looking at the P/L column. I wanted to add another column to the spreadsheet to have a running total of profits that would start over at the beginning row of each symbol. Unfortunately, the whole program just crashes when I try this. I started by defining R3 as =IF(C3=C2,SUM(N3,R2),N3). That produced one correct value. But Any attempt to copy that cell produces an error.
Attachments
EdgeRater_Popout_crash.jpg
Last edited by joel847 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris White

Re: Popout spreadsheet not editable

Post by Chris White »

Thanks for the bug report. I have tried to reproduce the problem but have been unable to do so. Here's my attempt at a repro:
Joel Repro Attempt
Joel Repro Attempt
Please try to reproduce the error again and detail any extra steps that may be required. Start from opening up the program and go from there. You could instead submit a Jing (free) video which shows each step.

If you run into the problem again, a workaround would be to 'Save As' to the file system and open up the spreadsheet in Excel to make your modifications. However as soon as we can reproduce the error I will fix it.
joel847

Post by joel847 »

Hi Chris,
Does EdgeRater require Excel to be installed to work correctly ? I haven't installed it yet. New Computer. What is the most compatible version of Excel for running a saved EdgeRater report ?

Best Regards,

Joel K.
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

Hi Joel,

EdgeRater does not require Excel to be installed. But if you have Excel installed you can open the report files in Excel or in EdgeRater. If you are going to get Excel you probably want to get the latest version which is also part of Office 365 annual subscription.
joel847

Post by joel847 »

Hi Chris,

The problem has disappeared. I can not reproduce it either.
joel847

Post by joel847 »

Hi Chris,

I take that back. After entering a formula, I want to copy the formula to every cell in the same column. If I hit ^c and then use shift-PGDN or shift-DownArrow then ^v, that works. But if I try to copy by using right mouse key, then a crash occurs at that point. I am able to do what I want but must not use the right mouse key. After the error message, I can avoid the program closing by selecting continue in the popup message.
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

I am still unable to reproduce the problem using your new steps.

Could you restart EdgeRater and then try to get a repro and then list all the steps you take right from the restart?

Thanks,
Chris.
joel847

Post by joel847 »

I created a jing video as you earlier suggested. The last event in the video is right clicking on an empty box which is when the error pops up.

http://www.screencast.com/t/uEWGRCCpm

I expected to see the video run on screencast but it didn't. You can select details and download it.

Regards,

Joel
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

Hi Joel,

Nice job with the Jing Video - it ran fine on screencast.

I was able to locate the bug in the program and will fix it in the next update.

Chris.