Questions Regarding New Highs Multiple Periods Template

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

Questions Regarding New Highs Multiple Periods Template

Post by nibor200 »

Chris,

1. This template produces new Highs for the Close price only correct?

2. We would have to modify it to get the actual new Highs for a given symbol over a given period?

3. Did something happen to your Premium Data provider yesterday?

a. I tried updating data to add 4/13 info, a couple hours after the market closed and it would act like it was updating but didn't add the 4/13 data.
(after midnight EST I was successful)

b. Running the new High template showed symbol CATC having nothing in the 200day, 1yr and 2yr columns but I believe the stock should have data back thru 2009.

c. I can't get data for the new symbol Dropbox, DBX even though I manually added it to my symbol list.

Thanks,
Ed S.
Chris White

Re: Questions Regarding New Highs Multiple Periods Template

Post by Chris White »

Hi Ed,

The template uses the formula HHV(C, X) which is the highest high of the close.

You can modify the template formula by changing cells U3, V3 etc to have HHV(H, X) instead. Remember not to modify the actual system template but to copy it to the 'EdgeClub' root folder and it then becomes your own customizable template and will appear in the 'My Templates' section.

There was an issue with the data on Friday but that was resolved later in the day.

CATC has data from 10/19/2017. Our data provider shows data from that date forward only.

I will have to add DBX to our universe of stocks. I'll do that in the next day or so.

Chris
Chris White

Re: Questions Regarding New Highs Multiple Periods Template

Post by Chris White »

Symbol DBX for Dropbox is now included in the premium data along with other updated symbols.

You can download a complete symbol list from the shared folder location. The symbol list is called all-usa.txt