% Change Zipper Chart Template in Hot Topics

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

% Change Zipper Chart Template in Hot Topics

Post by nibor200 »

Chris,

When I run the % Change Zipper Chart template and Save As to an Excel spreadshee;t that I subsequently open in Excel, the Scroll Bar on the left side of the chart disappears leaving the chart stuck on whatever date it was on when saved as a spreadsheet.

Was that your intent or is something amiss in that Template?

Thanks,
Ed S.
Chris White

Re: % Change Zipper Chart Template in Hot Topics

Post by Chris White »

That's expected. There's a certain amount of code behind the scroll functionality that has been implemented in EdgeRater and is not available when you open it up in Excel. Excel will open it up in the same view as when you saved it from EdgeRater.
nibor200

Post by nibor200 »

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

That's unfortunate because when I move the scroll bar the tiniest move possible, the start date for the calculations moves approximately 2.5 months.(from 1/17/18 to 11/02/17) and I was hoping to modify that scrolling increment to something much smaller.

In Excel, scrollbar objects increments can be set and then reset if one desires but I guess the one in this template is hard coded.

So it seems this is a type of template that we Edgerater users would not be able to implement on our own.

Ed S.
henry1224

Post by henry1224 »

How many years of data do you use for that particular symbol list?

2 years vs 10 years?
nibor200

Post by nibor200 »

@Henry,

1. I was using 20 years of data but I see what you are hinting at. Less data more resolution using the slider on the % Change Zipper Chart.

When I used 1 year of data moving the slider bar the smallest move possible gets sometimes gets a 2 day gap, other times a 4 day gap.

Using 6 months of data some 1 day gaps and 2 and 3 day gaps(that are not weekends)

2. New issue found:
I first tried using 2 years of data and then using the Run Date box at the top of the Template window to change the start date so it would only use the first year of my 2 year data set. But when it ran it still used the entire 2 year set so I had to rerun my filter list data update for a one year period only.

Thanks for the idea,
Ed S.