might not want to drop Yahoo as data provider just yet

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

might not want to drop Yahoo as data provider just yet

Post by nibor200 »

I created a symbol list of all 7,661 symbols from a stock analysis program I use.

I created a symbol list in Edgerater with Yahoo as the data provider and it downloaded data for 7,610 of those symbols.
I created another symbol list in Edgerater with Edgerater as the data provider and it downloaded data for only 6,191 of the symbols, quite a big difference.

Of the data that both providers retrieved only 30 symbols had different stock closing values for Friday, with an avg of 2 cent difference. Some were due to rounding.

The Edgerater provider did not even provide data for some of the Dow Jones Index symbols so maybe they have a different symbol name in that provider, who knows????

I asked for a complete list of symbols from Chris in the Scripting Forum, but no reply as of yet.

I'm assuming for those symbols both providers had matching stock closes for Friday, that the Yahoo data is still dividend adjusted contrary what the latest blog post indicated.

Anybody else found discrepancies or advantages to the new Edgerater provider other than speed of update?

Thanks,
Ed S.
nibor200

Re: might not want to drop Yahoo as data provider just yet

Post by nibor200 »

Actually I misspoke about the dividend adjusted data, can't really check that with Friday's close will have to look at older data, I will post what I find later.

Ed S.